#001 Thailand Update: Onto Tokyo
Hi Everyone,
A couple of you on copy may not be aware of this, but Livonia, the kids, and I are all going to Thailand until the end of the year. Today is DAY ONE of the trip.
Just wanted to give you all a quick update on where we are. Right now, we have crossed the International Date Line, and are nearing Narita, Tokyo. By the time you read this, we will be sitting in the Business lounge in Tokyo (the only place I can get an internet connection between here and Bangkok). The trip is going along fine so far. The kids were great in the small plane from Phoenix to LA, and saw a big change in their accommodations once we boarded the plane to Tokyo. Esaiah has been playing his Gameboy since we took off, and Christian is not too far behind. Christian and Nathan evidently had a little too much excitement from boarding the plane; they fell asleep before the plane even took off. I took a couple of pictures. I'll try and take more as I think about it.
Traveling through the terminals was pretty fun with my whole family there. Believe it or not, I was not being sarcastic with that last statement. The flights can be pretty lonely. It's a pretty big difference when you're flying with people you know. Nathan looked like a big kid, rolling his carry on luggage through the terminals; right up until he got tired (30 seconds) and handed it over to me or Livonia. Thanks kid.
Livonia has no complaints about the flight so far, although now she tells me she no longer feels sorry for me when I talk about how long the flights are. Of course, we're only a few hours into this one. I think she'll start feeling sorry for me again once we're a few hours away from Bangkok... and still have a few hours to go.
It's currently 9:03:PM Chandler time, or 1:03PM (next day) in Tokyo. The plane is going to land in about 2.5 hours. From there, we have a 4 hour layover in Japan, followed by an 8 hour flight to Bangkok. It seems long right now, but I'm sure it will all be over before we know it.
I hope everyone is doing well back in the US. Dave, thanks so much for taking us to the airport. You're a lifesaver! Nadia, thanks for holding down the fort for us while we're gone. Mike, I didn't take my vitamin. I made the mistake of checking them through. I'll have to wait until we get to Bangkok. Todd, I hope Kayly has calmed down a little bit.
Please keep us all in your prayers. Don't forget about us! I'll keep sending you pictures so you don't forget what we look like. Here's a few now. I don't have any of me because I want to keep my camera a little bit longer...
Livonia in Flight
Boys Pre-Flight
Boys in Flight
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home