#027 Thailand Update: Blood Sucking Creatures of the Night
“Somedays you’re the bug; somedays you’re the windshield.” For a long period of time, I thought that being the bug was a bad thing. I am finding out that being the bug is actually a good thing, especially if you’re a mosquito.
Blood Sucking Creatures of the Night
Vampires do exist. They just don’t exist in the form we see in movies. They exist as little, insignificant little creatures that can stick their venomous quill into flesh, remove blood, and leave the victim with a nasty bump that will constantly nag you because it is so itchy. You may have mistaken these creatures in the past as mosquitoes, but do not think incorrectly. They are the blood sucking creatures of the night. They are vampires.
Thailand seems to be overrun with mosquitoes right now. They are all over the place. I have at least 5-6 mosquitoes in my van each morning, and practically double that amount on the drive home. When I get into the office, I have to go the bathroom to wash my hands off from all the mosquito “guts” that are all over them. It is quite annoying, however it is nothing in comparison to the mosquitoes we face in our apartment each night.
We encounter these creatures every night in our apartment. We were told that being on the sixth floor is above the “mosquito zone,” but we have found that to be incorrect. What it really means is that all the insignificant mosquitoes stay on the lower levels, taking the easy prey. The strong, resilient mosquitoes make the journey to the sixth floor. That means if a mosquito is on the sixth floor, watch out! This one means business.
The sixth floor mosquitoes are also a very taunting group. They like to fly right by your eyes, so you know they are there. They like to instill fear in their prey. I think they do that because it makes your blood taste better. Oh, and good luck trying to swat them. They have tremendous cloaking abilities. Once you initially spot them, they vanish from site, only appearing once you drop your guard.
One night, I had one of Satan’s little minions flying around my bedroom, and deciding upon me as his victim. Up until this point, I have not been bitten by a mosquito. That all changed this night. This creature came in and settled in on my arm. I felt the pain of the bite, and went to slap my arm, but nothing was there. I think this bug was intelligent enough to sense movement, and could fly away as soon as he sensed it. Why do I say that? Because he returned the scene of the crime. Not once or twice mind you, but SEVEN MORE TIMES. I had eight bites along both arms. I covered my entire body in the sheets, and put my hands under the pillow. I walked right into his trap. He was lying in wait, underneath my pillow. He took hold of my hands and continued to fill his belly with my blood.
Have you ever been stung so much throughout the night that it makes you crazy? I have. My wife has. My kids have, but they tend to sleep through anything.
In the end, I finally got that sucker. Blood was splattered all over my sheets. He got careless. I took my opportunity, and ended his life. He won’t be bothering another member of my household again. I laid my head back down on my pillow to go to sleep. As I started to drift off, I heard a buzzing past my ear. Seems like someone else has joined the party, and he’s not too happy at the death of his brother. He’s looking for vengeance.
I will not sleep tonight.
1 Comments:
Happy 14th Birthday Isiah!
Uncle Sonny
Post a Comment
<< Home